Terms of service
By using this service, you provide us with information that you wish to store on our server (referred to as Stored Data). You are responsible to control the visibility of your information (i.e. provenance documents) on the server. If you mark your documents "public", you agree for the documents to be made public by the service. In any case, you always retain full ownership of your Stored Data and will be able to remove any Stored Data you no longer wish to be stored on our server.
Since the service is provided via JANET, it is bound by JANET’s Acceptable Use Policy. We reserve the right to remove entries that are deemed inappropriate. In addition, we make no guarantee on the continued availability of the service.
The services will be regularly backed up and upgraded. However, due to limited resources, we offer no guarantee of data safety or the continuation of the services. Please refer the Information Sheet for more information.
During the registration, we ask for your email address so that you can request a password reset when required. We will never reveal your email address to a third party or use it for any other purpose.
In addition, this service collects and stores the following information (referred to as Collected Data):
- Web access log.
- Metrics of provenance data posted to the services (e.g. size, statistics and topology measures) inspired by our Provenance Analytics Paper.
- Validation reports that describe places where provenance is invalid, incomplete or incorrect.
- Digest of provenance data posted to the services (e.g. signature of provenance and timestamps).
- Anonymous summaries of provenance data, inspired by our GAM'15 paper.
In addition, further data is collected indirectly by third-party "web analytics" services such as Google Analytics, New Relic, Sentry, and User Voice.
If you change your mind, you can remove your Stored Data from our services at any time and/or request your account to be deleted. Collected Data, however, are stored in an anonymised format and, hence, we provide no mechanism by which Collected Data can be erased.
The collection and storage of the above data has been approved by the Ethics Committee at King's College (REF: LRS-16/17-4786 - Study title: Public Provenance Services). If you have any questions, please see the Information Sheet for more information.
You are solely responsible for your conduct and the content you upload to this service. Please do not share any content unless you have the rights to do so. We cannot be held liable for any loss or corruption of your information, or for any damages resulted from your content being made public.
By registering for an account and continuing using this service, you agree with the following statements:
- I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions above.
- I confirm that I have read and understood the Information Sheet dated 12/01/18 Version 3 for the above study. I have had the opportunity to consider the information and asked questions which have been answered satisfactorily.
- I understand that (a) I will be able to withdraw my Stored Data by logging in to my account to remove any uploaded document, (b) I need to contact the researcher to completely delete my user account from the repository, (c) Collected Data persist in an anonymized format and, hence, cannot be erased.
- I consent to the processing of my personal information for the purposes explained to me. I understand that such information will be handled in accordance with the terms of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
- I understand that my information may be subject to review by responsible individuals from the College for monitoring and audit purposes.
- I understand that confidentiality and anonymity will be maintained and it will not be possible to identify me in any publications.
- I agree to be contacted in the future by King's College London researchers who would like to invite me to participate in follow up studies to this project, or in future studies of a similar nature.
- I agree that the research team may use my data for future research and understand that any such use of identifiable data would be reviewed and approved by a research ethics committee. (In such cases, as with this project, data would/would not be identifiable in any report).
If you agree with all the above statements, click the below button to continue to the registration.